Friday, November 16, 2012

Honey Coconut Cookies-Low Carb

low carb cookie recipe

Honey Coconut Cookies-Low Carb

When it comes to cookies, one of the best things about this recipe is the cookies are small.  They are only about the size of a quarter, I suppose you could make them bigger, but I like this size so I do not eat a lot of them at once.  One or two will help calm the sweet tooth.  

Mix together:

1/4 cup Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Almond Flour
1/2 cup Wheat Pastry Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Add:

1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Splenda
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup Organic Coconut chopped fine
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Mix together and drop by half teaspoons onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.  Somewhat flatten the cookie before baking.  Bake on 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  These are bite size little treats that are really good.  In my next attempt, I am considering adding a little well drained pineapple.  That should be interesting.

For more recipes go to:



2 comments:

Dawn Gagnon said...

Wow do these look divine, and you know you had me at coconut!!! YUM!!!

Eva Thomas said...

Thanks Dawn, they are so good, I need to make another batch.

Search This Blog Here

Infolinks In Text Ads