Monday, December 31, 2012

Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers

Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers

Black Bean and Mushroom Burgers

As with many of my recipes, I usually put whatever I have together and if it works and taste good, I share the recipes.  I absolutely love these burgers.  My husband is not crazy about the texture but you can chop the ingredients however chunky you like them.  I like the texture "mushy" inside and nice a crisp on the outside.

For approximately 1 cup of sliced portabella mushrooms, the calories are 22 with 3.1carbs. Actually the only bad thing about mushrooms are the carbs (which really is not earth shattering), besides that mushrooms are pretty healthy. 

You can serve these on low-carb bread or thin bread.  I personally eat them a lone with a little ketchup. (Yeah, I know ketchup is not good for you, but when eating these burgers with a salad, there is a tiny bit of room to "fudge" a little, right? )

2 Large Portabella Mushroom Caps (chopped)
1 1/2 slice of Fresh Bread Crumbs
3/4 cup Black Beans (rinsed real good and chopped)
1 egg
2/3 cup Shredded Cheese
Fresh Thyme
Pink Salt, Pepper and Hot Sauce (to taste)

Mix everything together until well mixed, like regular hamburgers.  Form into patties and light coat with bread crumbs.  Lay on a cookie sheet that has lightly been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake 30 minutes (after 15 minutes of cooking turn over so the other side can bake).



3 comments:

Dawn Gagnon said...

Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!!!

Dawn Gagnon said...

Honestly, I think 3.1 carbs is low for 1 cup of Portabello mushrooms. :) and is that before subtracting the fiber? I could eat portabella allll day long :-)

Eva Thomas said...

You are welcome Dawn. The 3.1 carbs are after subtracting the fiber. These are my favorite my mushrooms.

Search This Blog Here

Infolinks In Text Ads