google.com, pub-1464565844894992, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 The Low Carb Kitchen: 95 pounds and counting: My weight loss update

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

95 pounds and counting: My weight loss update

Ok so I figured it was time for an update.  As the title of this post indicates that is where I am at with my weight loss journey. As mentioned in previous posts, the weight is coming off a lot slower now but that is ok. 
Thanksgiving Turkey
©Dawn Gagnon Photography 2015

Let me be the first to say this has been hard. How does one stay on a diet when the whole family loves your cooking almost as much as you do and they all expect to have the favorites prepared with love and a few pounds in every spoonful?

Acorn Squash
©Dawn Gagnon Photography 2015
Sweet Potato Casserole, Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake? Strawberry Cheesecake, Apple Cranberry Bread pudding, Cranberry raisin walnut Chutney, Gravy, stuffing...the list is long and boy is it gooooooooood. So this meant a lot of willpower, but I also did not deny myself the treats. I just denied how much of them I could have. So my tricks here are pretty simple, small bowls equal smaller portions.

Roasted Veggies
©Dawn Gagnon Photography 2015
Hard as it is to believe, most of the time a "taste" of something decadent is good enough to get us through the resistance. Do you need a whole serving of Cheesecake? Or will half a serving suffice? Maybe you have a bowl and you put in a tablespoon of each dessert you love, your bowl is filled, you got to try everything, and you're still eating less of it than you normally would from your life before the diet.  This actually works if you stick with the rule of it. Denial of all things good is not going to help you, limited portions will. No one likes feeling deprived.

 Another thing to be mindful of is filling up on healthy veggies. Make sure your hunger is satisfied by doubling up on the healthy stuff and reducing the less healthy foods. You'll find you're still getting the gist of the delights but you're limiting the total intake.

I rounded my Thanksgiving day off by taking a brisk walk that evening. I always feel better if I walk. I find that the walks I'm working in are helping, since the weight loss is much slower now..and I love the fact that I can do it in a shorter period of time and with less pain than before. I also recommend if you have stairs in your home to use them often, and try to go up them two at a time. This really gives your thighs a workout. Don't try going down the same way..just don't..take my word for it.


What are some of your tricks to get through the holiday meals? Please feel free to share them with me. Also if you have recipes, I'd love to post them on here.
Good luck with your dieting endeavors, and remember you're getting healthier every day and that should be the big motivator over all else! :)


No comments:

Search This Blog Here

Free SEO Tools

Infolinks In Text Ads