google.com, pub-1464565844894992, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 The Low Carb Kitchen: Healthy Snacks

Monday, October 17, 2016

Healthy Snacks

Ok so I wanted to share this with my readers. Diets are challenging on so many levels and finding snacks that are healthy and that will not sabotage your weightloss and/or management is one of the biggest hurdles. I will tell you one that I enjoy that you may like. "Low carb" lifestyle isn't easy. I find myself craving salty, crunchy things often.

 One thing that we give up is potato chips when we low carb and finding a replacement for this is my next challenge. While I am working on that one dessert that I have grown fond of is my Maple Nut BranYogurt Parfait. This recipe calls for no added sugar, and I like it as much as ice cream because it provides me with the satisfying crunch, mild salty flavor and sweet maple.

In on ice cream glass or bowl add one cup of plain non fat unsweetened yogurt. Sprinkle on top 1/4 cup (or less) whole wheat bran flakes, two tablespoons of walnuts, and several good squeezes of sugar free Maple syrup.  It's absolutely yummy and while everyone is having their ice cream you can feel good about enjoying your healthy treat as well.

No comments:

Search This Blog Here

Free SEO Tools

Infolinks In Text Ads